Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Journal #6

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=http%3A//s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/cps-vfl79327.swf&video_id=C7rSDA4r6Zk&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i4.ytimg.com/vi/C7rSDA4r6Zk/hqdefault.jpg&sk=M_G-HTimYsy4JxBK5j__49Lc4RmFkn2kC&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1&fs=1&hl=en&cr=US

1. I feel that I need to do a better job with singing at a higher pitch recognition. The class seemed to struggle when they were listening to me and they had a difficult time matching my pitch. If I were to teach this to a kindergartner class they would have an even more difficult time matching my voice so I need to keep that in mind. I need to make sure that I do not vary the pitch that I am singing in throughout the song. Even though you can obviously not see my lesson plan on the internet, I feel that it was a very well put together lesson plan. It was very easy for me to follow and use for direction while I was teaching. It definitely helped me to keep the lesson flowing very smoothly. I think that I did a good job with the rhyming concept. It would be very helpful to kindergartners to come up with rhymes on their own to enhance the idea and be able to fully understand what it means to rhyme. Kindergartners would most likely not be able to read the words that I was writing on the board, but the fact that we are saying them out loud and writing them out will help them for learning in the future.

2. a) The thing that I found most difficult in my presentation was being completely relaxed when I was up in front teaching. Everyone is nervous when they are speaking in front of people but I just need to embrace this first lesson plan and use it to help me have better control with me teaching and singing methods.
b) I do not think that I did well with taking my time. I think that I tended to rush my activities a little much. I need to keep control of my time and be able to move through the presentation smoothly.
c) Everyone was able to keep the beat, rhythm, and sing the song efficiently to my direction.
d) If I could do it again I would make sure that I am more relaxed and realize that there is nothing to worry about. We are teaching amongst our peers, not in front of a classroom. We should not be worried about doing this in front of each other because we are all here for the same reason and no one wants to be critical of each other. We all desire the same accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment